A few DIA Communications Committee members pooled their recommendations to start this resource list for parents. If you have others to recommend–especially if they are local–let us know at email@example.com.
- Alameda County Kids. https://alamedakids.org/coronavirus-resources-for-parents/ and https://alamedakids.org/calendar
- Chabot Space and Science Center Project. https://chabotspace.org/education/learning-launchpad/
- Chatterblock. Lots of great info for parents. https://www.chatterblock.com/oakland-california-c102986/ including how to have an online birthday party https://www.chatterblock.com/articles/321667750/6-ways-to-celebrate-a-kids-birthday-online/
- East Bay Regional Digital. https://www.ebparks.org/activities/digital_learning
- Fairyland Coloring Book. https://fairyland.org/assets/36b6e13d87/Coloring-Book1.pdf
- Macaroni Kid. Get the Berkeley digest https://berkeley.macaronikid.com/ or the Richmond/El Cerrito digest https://richmondca.macaronikid.com/
- Oakland LIbrary Online Resources. https://oaklandlibrary.org/online-services
- Oakland Museum of California@Home. https://museumca.org/omca-at-home
- Story time with Ms. Miriam. https://www.facebook.com/104439256267058/videos/274367073724253
- Google Museum Views. https://artsandculture.google.com/project/streetviews
- Internet Archive Arcade. https://archive.org/details/internetarcade
- IXL online learning. https://www.ixl.com/ It’s ~$15/mo for two in the household, but you can do 10 free problems each day, in the subject area and grade level of your choice.
- Zearn math learning platform (free right now). https://www.zearn.org/
- https://www.solitr.com/ has solitaire, sudoku, and mahjong.
- https://www.lumosity.com/ offers a few free games each day, but they pick them.
- https://www.webgamesonline.com/mastermind/ mastermind is a fun logic game, but if you don’t have it you can play here!
- https://logic.puzzlebaron.com/ Love these logic grid puzzles!
- https://smart-games.org/en/set/start/ Set is a fantastic card game. It’s great to play “live” with the actual game, but here’s a free online way to do it, too.
- https://www.webgamesonline.com/ a bunch of free online games
- https://www.coolmathgames.com/ a bunch of free online math games